You are going to love these easy baked pork chops. Made with just a few simple ingredients and steps, you’ll have juicy cooked pork chops in just a few minutes. Serve with your favorite dinner side dishes.
Making oven baked pork chops is one of the easiest ways to make port chops. It takes almost no time at all to prep the chops and stick them in the oven.
Pork chops are a great dinner option because they’re fast and versatile. In under 30 minutes you can have a whole baking sheet of chops ready to eat making them perfect for faster meals. Made with just some basic pantry staple seasonings and pork chops, you get a wonderful addition to any dinner table.
Ingredients for Baked Pork Chops
- Seasoning salt
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried thyme
- Pork chops
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Lemon juice
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Baked Pork Chops
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine all of the seasonings together except for the fresh parsley and lemon juice.
- Place the pork chops onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle some olive oil over both sides of the pork chops.
- Rub your seasoning blend over both sides of the pork chops.
How Long to Bake Pork Chops at 400ºF
- Bake the pork chops in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reached 160 degrees F. The time will vary depending on the thickness of your pork chops.
- Once the pork chops have finished baking, sprinkle them with some fresh parsley and lemon juice.
How Long to Bake Pork Chops
The length of time needed to cook your chops will depend on a few factors including the cut, size, and temperature of the chop.
A thicker pork chop will take longer to cook than a thinner one, and one with a bone will take longer than one without.
Not only that but if you pulled the chops from the freezer and they’re still slightly frozen, that coldness will play a part in how fast they cook as well because now they have to thaw before they can get up to temp.
I used medium sized pork chops and found that a 15 minute baking time was perfect but you can use an in-oven meat thermometer to keep tabs on your chops as they bake so that you can remove them from oven once they reach a temperature of 160ºF to prevent overcooking.
This pork chop recipe has you cooking the chops uncovered so that they can be seared by the heat in the oven and help to seal in the juices. If you were to cover the pan, then the chops would not get that nice golden color on the outside.
Pork chops can safely be eaten when they reach 145 degrees F with an instant-read thermometer. For well-done pork you can serve it up at 160 degrees F.
Yes, your pork chops can be a little more pink in color when they are opened at 145 degrees F. This is considered medium-rare and the pink is not harmful. If you do not like the pink color inside your chops, continue to cook until you reach 160 degrees F.
What To Serve with Oven Baked Pork Chops
Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine all the seasonings together except the fresh parsley and lemon juice.
- Place the pork chops on a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle both sides with the olive oil.
- Season both sides with the olive oil.
- Bake the pork chops for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 160ºF. This time will vary depending on the thickness of your pork chops.
- Once the pork chops are done, sprinkle with fresh parlsey and lemon juice.