This cauliflower soup recipe is a great way to pack veggies in one comforting bowl. With tender cauliflower, carrots, onion, and cheddar cheese in every bite, this dish is as filling as it is tasty.
If you’ve never had cauliflower soup, then there’s no time like the present to stop missing out. It’s such an easy dish to make (and pretty frugal too). With the option to use fresh or frozen cauliflower, you can have your soup ready any time of the year with whatever cauliflower you have on hand.
Instant Pot cauliflower soup cooks in just 5 minutes (plus the time to get up to pressure and 15 minutes for release). All together the meal comes together rather quickly and with little effort on your part, which is always a welcomed thing around dinner time.
Cauliflower Soup Ingredients
- Cauliflower– You can use fresh cauliflower (white or colored) or you can use frozen cauliflower like the ones you buy already washed and cut into florets in the freezer section of the grocery store.
- Carrots– Adding carrots to the soup adds a nice color, sweetness, and earthy flavor that makes this soup taste well-rounded.
- Onions– Onions go great in everything because the flavor they release helps to enrich the dish.
- Water– Using water instead of broth helps to thin down the soup so it doesn’t feel too heavy.
- Heavy Cream– Making the soup creamy, rich, and thicker is a good amount of heavy cream. Yum.
- Seasonings– We want a combination of salt, pepper, and seasoning salt to help flavor this soup while keeping the flavors more low-key and not overpowering.
- Cheddar Cheese– Stirring in some cheddar cheese at the end really helps to give this dish that something extrait was missing.
- Fresh Parsley– Adding freshness, color, and finishing touches to the soup.
How to Make Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Chop your cauliflower into 1 inch sized pieces, if you’re using fresh.
- In the Instant Pot, combine all of the ingredients with the exception of the cheddar cheese and parsley.
- Close the lid and seal the valve and set your Instant Pot to High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let your Instant Pot naturally release the pressure fr 15 minutes before releasing the rest. Releasing the steam too soon will cause the soup to spray out of the valve and cause a hot mess.
- Once the pressure has been released, remove the lid and stir in the cheddar cheese and parsley.
- Serve soup warm.
Can cauliflower soup be frozen?
You can freeze this soup in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just thaw and reheat when you’re ready to eat.
How to make cauliflower soup creamy
If you’d like to make your cauliflower soup creamy (or creamier) then feel free to use an immersion blender or take small batches of soup at a time and run it through a blender or food processor. This will make t nice and smooth and you can simply return it to the pot once all has been blended.
You’re going to love this cauliflower soup with cream. It’s a fabulous recipe to pull out in fall or winter when you want something both filling and healthier. Cauliflower has been a huge “health choice” for those cutting carbs for years because it’s filling and can take on other flavors well.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Chop cauliflower so it is in 1-inch sized pieces.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the cheddar cheese and parsley in the instant pot.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let natural pressure release (NPR) for about 15 minutes, or until all the pressure is released. If you try to quick-release the pressure, hot soup will spray everywhere.
- Once the pressure is released, remove the lid and stir in the cheddar cheese and parsley.
Looking for more great posts?
- Frozen Peas
- Best Prime Rib Recipe in the World
- Dutch Oven Potatoes
- Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Gel Stain Garage Door
- Chick Fil A Lemonade Recipe
- Frozen Green Beans
- Butter Syrup
- Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler
- Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler
- Homemade Hard Candy
- Ham Steak
- What is Brine?
- PVC Chicken Feeder
- How to Trim Asparagus
- Blackberry Syrup
- Asian Pork Chops