Grilled zucchini is a delicious way to enjoy your veggies. Not only that, but it’s simple and quick! Perfect for adding to your BBQ.
I love the warmer weather. It brings out the sunshine and another excuse to get outside and do some camping or cooking. These grilled zucchini can be made anywhere so long as there’s a grill to cook them on.
That’s a great hint to take a grill camping and sneak some nutrition in between the campfire smores and hotdogs. 😉 Not only that but whole zucchini travel well and the prep work is minimal so you can do everything at the campsite if you wanted.
For now, I’ll just stick with the grill that we have out on the patio. It’s a little more convenient as I wait for the perfect weather to go hiking and camping with the family later in summer/fall.
Either way, this grilled zucchini recipe is getting a good amount of use and enjoyment from all of us.
With a watery squash vegetable like zucchini, grilling isn’t often the cooking method that comes to mind first. More commonly seen are oven roasted zucchini or sauteed squash on the stovetop both of these are great but can get a tad tedious or boring.
Grilled zucchini gives those incredible char marks adding color, a new flavor profile and look as great as they taste. I mean, a simple and delicious way to add veggies to your family’s dinner plates is always a huge plus in my books, wouldn’t you agree?
How to Grill Zucchini
- Heat your grill to high heat and give it a moment to come to temperature.
- In a bowl or zipper topped bag, toss together the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the slices of zucchini on the grill and let them sit there for about 2 minutes per side until they have those gorgeous grill marks. They should be cooked but still slightly crispy, you can cook them a little longer if you want them softer.
Do you have to peel zucchini before grilling?
Nope! Unless you truly want to remove the peel, there is no reason to remove the zucchini peel before grilling. Leaving the skin on not only cuts down on the prep work but also adds texture and color to the plate.
Is grilled zucchini healthy?
Yes it is! Zucchini is a great vegetable that is low in calories and high in vitamins. There’s a lot of great benefits for eating grilled zucchini and the added health benefits of cooked zucchini are just an added perk.
What to serve with grilled zucchini
A better question is to ask what doesn’t pair with grilled zucchini. There are so many incredible dishes out there that would be great next to these grilled vegetables.
Grilled BBQ chicken breasts and steaks are two ideas, but chopping grilled zucchini for a salad or laying it next to a bed of Mexican rice are also tempting ideas. Can you see how versatile this one dish is?!
How to Grill Zucchini
- 2 zucchini squash sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the grill on high heat.
- Toss the zucchini slices with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the slices of zucchini on the grill for about 2 minutes per side, until they have grill marks and are cooked but slightly crisp still.
Looking for more delicious recipes?
- Canned Corn
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Prime Rib Recipe
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Best Way to Cook Zucchini
- Dutch Oven Chicken Breast
- How to Trim Asparagus
- What is Brine
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Smoked Beef Ribs
- Tenderloin Recipe
- Moist Cornbread Recipe
Best way to cook zucchini!