This grilled chicken caesar salad is the perfect light lunch or dinner. Homemade caesar salad dressing is easy to make and with this recipe, you can create a winning salad at home.
I love chicken caesar salad and have found myself making this dressing for years. While I could no doubt run to the computer or my phone app and order some Caesar salad with chicken, the best chicken caesar salad near me is actually as far as my own kitchen (it’s just disassembled.)
As lazy as I can be, I’m even more impatient. I know that leaving the house for a Caesar salad would mean that I not only have to get dressed and venture out of the house but it would also take longer to get fed and cost me more money. I like being frugal and staying where pants are optional haha.
How to Make This Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe Even Easier
Make the chicken ahead! I love making my grilled chicken in advance so that it’s nice and cold when I go to make my caesar salad. To do this all I have to do is make one or two extra grilled chicken pieces earlier in the week and we’re good to go.
Another great tip is that because it requests 1 single anchovy, buy a pack (they’re really cheap and located near the canned tuna in a grocery store).
You can keep all the fishies you aren’t using in a plastic bag in the freezer until you’re ready to use them. Side note: can you see how frugal this tip is?
Why Does Caesar Salad Dressing Have Anchovies?
Anchovies are actually one of the best-kept kitchen secrets. They add a salty, savory edge to a lot of dressings and pasta dishes and you won’t even know it’s there!
While you may not taste the anchovy, you can always tell when it isn’t there. It’s the ingredients that make the dressing feel complete.
How to Make Grilled Chicken for Caesar Salad
If you are looking to achieve those classic grill marks, here is the secret: Set the chicken breast on the grill and DON’T TOUCH IT for about 5 minutes. If you’re like me, it’s tempting to check on the chicken and but it every 3 seconds.
But if you want those grill marks, make sure the grill is on medium heat and leave it alone. Besides, checking it every 3 seconds does nothing. Actually, it slows down the cooking process.
This is why I have to make multiple things at once, so I can distract myself while other things cook. Pretty much I am an impatient person.
Is This Caesar Salad Dressing Safe to Eat?
While traditional Chicken caesar salad ingredients include raw eggs in the dressing, this one chooses to use mayonnaise instead!
That means it has eggs (because mayo is egg), but that it’s completely safe to eat without any risks like a raw egg. Perfect for pregnant women looking for that delicious salad fix.
How to Make Chicken Caesar Salad
- To make the dressing combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. You can do this with an immersion blender or inside of a blender or food processor.
- Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- For making the salad- season and grill your chicken breasts for about 5 minutes per side until it reaches 160F degrees.
- Let the chicken rest while you chop and prepare the salad greens.
- Roughly chop the salad into bite sized pieces.
- Toss the chicken, salad, 1 cup of parmesan cheese, and the shallot together.
- Pour ½-¾ of the dressing over the salad and the toss it together.
- Taste and adjust as necessary. Serve and enjoy.
Let me know if you try this grilled chicken caesar salad and what you think!
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 anchovy fillet rinsed, see note
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad
- salt and pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 shallot sliced thin
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
For the Dressing
- Combine all of the salad dressing ingredients.
- Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or in a food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper.
For the Salad
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan on medium heat.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. The internal temperature should register 160.
- To achieve blackened grill marks, do not move the chicken breast once you lay it on the grill and then again once your flip it over.
- Let chicken breast rest at least 5 minutes, I like mine to cool off completely before adding it to the salad.
- Thinly slice chicken breast on the diagonal.
- Roughly chop lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Toss chicken and lettuce with 1 cup parmesan and the shallot.
- Pour 1/2-3/4 of dressing on salad and toss.
- Taste and adjust amount. of dressing, if desired.
Looking for more delicious recipes?
- Canned Corn
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Prime Rib Recipe
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Best Way to Cook Zucchini
- Dutch Oven Chicken Breast
- How to Trim Asparagus
- What is Brine
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Smoked Beef Ribs
- Tenderloin Recipe
- Moist Cornbread Recipe
One of my favorite homemade salad dressings!