Goat cheese and jam tarts are super easy to prepare and a delicious appetizer for any occasion. Whip them up in just a few minutes!
With just a few minutes and 4 simple ingredients, you can have a batch of delicious goat cheese and jam tarts that everyone can enjoy.
Goat cheese and jam combine together to create a sweet, tangy, fruity, and savory treat like you’ve never had before. It’s truly a delicious and worthwhile snack that feels so much richer and more extravagant than it really is.
Ingredients for Goat Cheese Tarts
- Puff pastry
- Goat cheese
- Powdered sugar
See the recipe card below for exact measurements.
How to make Jam Tarts with Goat Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF degrees and lightly grease a muffin tin before setting it aside.
- Gently roll out the puff pastry crust so that it’s an even layer. It helps if it’s not frozen when you do this.
- Cut the sheet into 12 equal-sized pieces.
- Place each piece inside a muffin cup in the greased tin, and then press it down to create a little bowl.
- Spoon the goat cheese into each little dough bowl.
- Spoon some jam over the top of the goat cheese and spread it out evenly.
- Then bake the tarts for about 10 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before sprinkling the top with powdered sugar.
It would be easier to list what doesn’t go well than to make an extensive list of things that go great with it. That said, your favorite jams should work just fine.
Everything from a fig or onion jam to apricot, blackberry, and marmalades taste incredible and each one brings a unique taste and experience.
Yes. You can freeze your tarts before or after they’ve been baked depending on how you feel.
If you freeze them raw, make sure to leave them in muffin tins to hold their shape and keep them well covered. If you freeze them baked, let them be cooled completely before sticking in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
You definitely could use homemade puff pastry to make this recipe if you have it on hand.
Although making your own puff pastry does take a lot of time and effort it would really help to make this dish taste more authentically homemade and be a great way to show off your culinary skills.
Goat Cheese + Jam Tarts
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup jam use your favorite kind
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Gently roll out the puff pastry crust into an even layer.
- Cut the sheet into 12 sections.
- Gently press the sections into a greased muffin tin.
- Spoon the goat cheese into the puff pastry sections.
- Spoon the jam evenly into the puff pastry sections over the cream cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Canned Green Bean Recipes
- Perfect Beef Tenderloin
- How to Cook Ham Steak
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Homemade Syrup
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Frozen Peas
- How to Make Gravy from Scratch
- How to Trim Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Turkey
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib
- Smoked Beef Ribs
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Lemon Cream Sauce for Pasta
- Prime Rib Recipe
- What is Brine?
Great appetizer idea!