This easy cracker candy recipe is the perfect party snack, game day snack, or after lunch snack. Sweet and salty with 3 ingredients and just 5 minutes.
Some days, I just really need a sweet snack
but there aren’t any cookies or cake in my house but want something a little lighter than cookies or cake. This cracker candy recipe is the perfect thing! It combines salty and sweet in the best way, and it’s hardly a recipe. Seriously. 3 ingredients, 5 minutes to throw it together, 5 minutes to let it set. It’s the perfect finger food for a party or game day or after lunch snack. 🙂
In all seriousness though, I am trying to exercise moderation with my sweet tooth. Little snacks like this really help me. Even though they are still sweet and not healthy – ha! – I feel better about eating a few of these than a slice of cake. Mostly I try to keep dessert consumption to one serving after dinner. And you may be surprised to know that we actually do go multiple days without dessert in our house!
It would be bad for me to become a dessert blogger.
The trick to these little babies though is to only eat a couple! I usually take 2 or 3 out of the bag, put the bag away and then start working while I snack. I get too distracted working to go retrieve the bag and get more.
Do you like my self-control techniques? I should probably write a book or something.
That was joke.
But if you have a sweet tooth like me but want to have healthy eating habits, you feel my pain, am I right!? I love little snacks and treats like this that help me curb the cravings.
This cracker candy recipe is perfect for the job!
PIN this recipe on your Dessert board to SAVE it for later Follow Longbourn Farm on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas, and recipes!
Easy Cracker Candy Recipe
- 25-30 thin wheat crackers or something similar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons sea salt large granules
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until almost melted.
- Once most chips are melted but there are still chunks of chocolate left, remove from microwave and stir until totally melted.
- Dip cracker halfway, tapping off excess chocolate.
- Place on parchment (waxed paper works too) lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Place in refrigerator to set, about 5 minutes.