This apple galette recipe is so simple and delicious. Whip it up in no time at all for an elegant and simple dessert everyone will love!
Like an apple pie without the additional crust and work, this rustic apple galette will give you something to smile about.
With a single pie crust and a few apples, you can create a beautiful artistic looking dessert without a hassle. Save time, impress guests, and get a tasty treat out of the deal, sounds great, right?
An apple galette is just one of my latest galette recipes to grace this website. My strawberry galette is perfect for spring when the berries are fresh off of the vine.
This apple galette recipe is perfect for fall when apple orchards open up and we can go pick our own.
Of course, you can always just buy the fruit needed from your grocery store and thankfully you can buy fresh produce all year long. This means you can enjoy recipes like this rustic apple galette whenever the mood strikes. And trust me, it strikes often!
What I truly love about galettes like this one here is that they’re so stupidly simple it’s practically impossible to mess them up. It’s a sheet pan and a pie crust folded up over a filling.
Nothing crazy, and even if the crust folds up wonky it still looks great once baked and tastes great too. Pro tip: hide any awkward folds in the crust with scoops of vanilla ice cream and no one else will notice. 😉
How to Make Rustic Apple Galette
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees.
- In a glass mixing bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon, cloves, flour, lemon juice and sugar. Toss until well coated and mixed.
- Place your pie crust on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Pour the prepared apple filling into the center of the pie crust. Leave about 3 inches of space around the pie crust edge.
- Fold the edge of the pie crust up and around the filling. Tuck it in as you fold (I have a video to help demonstrate this).
- Dot the top of the apple filling with butter.
- In a small bowl, combine your egg and water.
- Brush the top of the pie crust with the egg wash and then sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the pie crust is a nice golden brown color.
You can make and prepare a pie crust up to three days in advance and keep it stored in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
You can also store pie crust in the freezer for about 3 months before thawing and using. The pie filling itself shouldn’t be made too far in advance as apples will brown the longer that they are exposed to the air.
These tasty treats are best eaten the same day that they are made simply because fresh is best. If you don’t get a chance to devour it all in a short time, you can store it in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Apple Galette Recipe
- 3 cups apples sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pie crust see note for homemade recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter cubed
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar see note
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a glass mixing bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon, cloves, flour, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Place the pie crust on a lined baking sheet.
- Pour the apple filling into the center of the pie crust, leaving about 3 inches around the edge of the pie crust.
- Fold the pie crust around the filling, tuck it in as you fold, as demonstrated in the linked video.
- Dot the butter over the top of the apple filling.
- Combine the egg and the water in a small bowl.
- Brush the top of the pie crust with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pie crust is golden brown.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Canned Green Bean Recipes
- Perfect Beef Tenderloin
- How to Cook Ham Steak
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Homemade Syrup
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Frozen Peas
- How to Make Gravy from Scratch
- How to Trim Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Turkey
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib
- Smoked Beef Ribs
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Lemon Cream Sauce for Pasta
- Prime Rib Recipe
- What is Brine?
Beautiful, simple pie recipe!