These Almond Cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious and super easy to make! The cookies have a chewy texture with crunchy bits of almond. They are topped with an almond glaze and a touch of orange zest that will leave you wanting more (and more and more)!
Hey there! This is Megan from Pip and Ebby and I’m super excited to be a part of Longbourn Farm’s holiday cookie exchange series as a guest blogger! I hope you all enjoy these delicious Almond Cookies!
“Simplicity wins” is one of my favorite kitchen sayings. I love when a simple list of ingredients works together to create a delicious recipe. Simplicity and cookies are a great match especially when an element of surprise is included, which makes these Almond Cookies the absolute perfect cookie.
They are super easy to make, the ingredient list is simple and the hint of orange flavor hidden inside sets them apart from any almond cookie you’ve ever eaten before. This is a great cookie to add to your holiday baking list. It will be the star of any cookie tray or holiday gathering!
A few notes about Almond Cookies:
- Use a medium cookie scoop for best results. If you do not have a cookie scoop, scoop out rounded tablespoons of batter and roll into balls using your hands.
- Be careful not to over-bake these! They are pretty quick bakers, so start looking for that light golden bottom around the 8-minute mark.
- Promise me you will not skip out on the orange zest. That one simple little ingredient sends these cookies over the edge of cookie greatness.
- Almond Cookies will stay fresh for up to 5 days in an air-tight container at room temperature, or freeze for 4-6 months.
How do you make simple icing?
Simple icing is one of my favorite things to drizzle on top of desserts because it takes less than 5 minutes to pull a batch together and the flavor it adds is unparalleled.
Using a hand or stand mixer (with whisk attachments), mix together 2 cups of powdered sugar with 3 tablespoons of milk and 1 teaspoon of extract of choice. For these Almond Cookies, almond extract is a must! It’s really that simple!
What other cookies should I add to my Christmas baking list?
A few of my favorite essential holiday baking recipes include:
- Chewy Gingersnaps
- Sugar Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cookies with Peppermint Frosting
- Chocolate Kiss Cream Cheese Cookies
Wishing you tons of fruitful and delicious baking this holiday season! Enjoy the Almond Cookies!