Salted caramel blondies are bursting with flavor and the perfect treat for any occasion. These blondies are easy to make and will impress anyone!
Salted caramel brownies combine the best flavors in a deliciously chewy and soft brownie. These salted caramel blondies are made even better with the addition of white chocolate chips in every bite!
Salted caramel blondies are made using a large baking pan, and once cut, you could even think of them as salted caramel cookies because they sort of resemble a giant cookie bar. This makes it perfect for making a large batch for the holidays or your next family gathering.
Salted caramel is a huge fall favorite in terms of flavor. It’s right up there with the flavors of pumpkin spice and apples. So grab your favorite plaid shirt, your Ugg boots and start a backyard campfire and sit back to enjoy these delicious salted caramel blondies.
Note: you can also stay indoors on the couch, under your favorite lap blanket and be in your pajamas. Both are great fall past times and you can’t go wrong with either. 🙂
How to make salted caramel blondies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and then set it aside.
- In a larger bowl, mix the butter and sugars together until they’re well combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time. Remember to mix well after each addition and then add in the vanilla and water.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix until its almost combined.
- Fold in the caramel and white chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Spread the batter into a prepared 9×13 baking pan and bake for 25 minutes until the top and edges are set and a nice golden brown. A toothpick should also come out clean.
What’s the difference between a blondie and a brownie?
If you’ve never had a blondie before, it’s almost exactly like the traditional chocolate brownie but they’re made without the chocolate and instead use vanilla. This gives them that lighter golden blonde color instead of the chocolate-brown color you come to expect when you hear the term “brownies.”
Can you freeze these salted caramel brownies?
Yes! After you let the brownies cool completely, cut them into serving-sized squares and then freeze them flat on a baking sheet and toss into a zipper topped bag, or individually wrap each piece in plastic wrap before placing in a sealed container so that it’s ready to grab and go. This makes a great addition to lunchboxes.
Salted Caramel Blondies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter two sticks
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup caramel chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugars together until combined well.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add vanilla and water.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until almost combined.
- Fold in the caramel and white chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed. You can always add more if you like extra chocolate!
- Spread the cookie batter evenly in a 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top and edges are set and golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Looking for more cookies recipes??
- The Best Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
- Browned Butter Snickerdoodles
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Almond Sugar Cookies
- Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- Homemade Brownie Cookies
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Molasses Ginger Cookies
- Soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- The Best Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Bars