Golden Oreo truffles are a super easy dessert that everyone will love. Easy, delicious, crowd-pleaser. They’ll be a hit with whoever eats them!
Golden Oreo Truffles are the things that dreams are made of. We all know and love Oreos, who doesn’t?
Especially the golden Oreos because there’s just something different about them. That sweet vanilla flavor and golden colored cookie is just heavenly compared to the richer chocolate Oreos that came before it.
Turning golden Oreos into a truffle though- genius. I mean, how do you improve upon perfection? By adding more chocolate and rich creamy goodness, that’s how!
Believe it or not, making your own golden Oreos is actually very easy to do.
There are a few differences between Golden Oreo Truffles and the regular chocolate truffles you might be envisioning, but not too many. Both have a creamy rich filling and can have a chocolate coating on the outside.
But the insides, that’s where the money is. That’s where the differences lay. Oreo truffles contain crushed Oreos whereas chocolate truffles are a chocolate ganache.
That said, if you’ve ever made traditional chocolate truffles at home then you know the process is actually very simple and you may even see a few similarities between this recipe and one like that.
But making these Golden Oreo Truffles might be more like a cross between making a graham cracker crust and a truffle mixed together in one. Sounds exciting, right?
Ingredients for Golden Oreo Truffles
- Golden Oreos
- Cream cheese
- White chocolate
How to make Golden Oreo Truffles
- In a food processor, crush your golden cookies (filling and all) until the crumbs are fine and even.
- Add in the cream cheese and then combine well. You can simply add the cream cheese to the food processor to make this process easier.
- Portion out the mixture into rounded tablespoons and then chill them for 5-10 minutes.
- In the microwave, melt your chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring between each until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Dip each Oreo ball into the white chocolate and then set them on a parchment lined baking sheet to fully set.
- After they’ve all been dipped, place the tray in the fridge for a few more minutes to help the chocolate harden faster.
Yes, these Oreo truffles can be frozen for up to 6 months. To do this let them set completely before transferring to an airtight container, lay a piece of wax paper between layers if you stack them.
Then when you want to eat one (or more) simply pull them from the fridge and rest on the counter to thaw or place them in the fridge for a few hours until they’ve thawed.
Yes! You can choose to use white chocolate almond bark, fancier white chocolate chips or any other white chocolate variety that you have on hand.
Your results may vary with each one but almond bark and nicer white chocolates like Ghirardelli are usually safe bets for getting great results.
Using a rounded tablespoon measure and then rolling the dough balls in your hands is one way to get evenly sized and rounded balls.
Another option is to use a melon baller because it scoops them out at the same size and they are already rounded for convenience.
Golden Oreo Truffles
- 1 package Golden Oreos
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 20 ounces white chocolate
- Crush the Golden Oreo's by hand or in a food processor until the crumbs are fine and even.
- Add the cream cheese and combine well. If you are using a food processor, you can add the cream cheese in the food processor.
- Portion out the mixture into rounded tablespoons. Chill for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in 30-second intervals in the microwave.
- Dip each Oreo ball into the white chocolate and set on a lined sheet tray to set.
- Place in the fridge for a few minutes to harden more quickly.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Canned Green Bean Recipes
- Perfect Beef Tenderloin
- How to Cook Ham Steak
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Homemade Syrup
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Frozen Peas
- How to Make Gravy from Scratch
- How to Trim Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Turkey
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib
- Smoked Beef Ribs
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Lemon Cream Sauce for Pasta
- Prime Rib Recipe
- What is Brine?
Love this quick dessert!