This easy granola recipe is a family favorite!! Crunchy, sweet, and a little spicy, it’s the perfect breakfast. You’ll get asked for the recipe every time!
If you haven’t tried making your own granola yet, you’re in luck. This easy homemade granola is great!
It can also be beneficial to your budget because it is much cheaper to make your own granola than it is to buy it premade and in the store. Not only that, but you can choose how you want to change it up. Add in your favorite additions or remove things you may not like.
This easy granola recipe uses honey and brown sugar as a binder to keep the granola crunchy and in decent-sized chunks.
How to make this crunchy granola recipe
In a large bowl, mix oats, pecans, almonds, and shredded coconut. Add in the salt and the cinnamon and mix well.
In a small saucepan melt together butter, honey, and the brown sugar until it is well dissolved. Remove it from the heat and add in the vanilla extract and the almond extract, stirring to combine.
Pour the wet mixture over your mixed nuts and oats and mix it until everything is evenly coated. Transfer the granola mixture to a lined cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Remembering to flip and stir the granola every 15 minutes so nothing burns and everything can cook evenly.
When the granola is done baking and comes out of the oven, you can add in dried fruits like cranberries.
How long is homemade granola good for?
Granola from the store often has a shelf life of about 6 months. While homemade granola may not last as long as that, it does have a long shelf life compared to other homemade foods. When properly stored in an airtight container, you can get your easy homemade granola to last up to a few weeks!
Of course, that is completely dependent upon whether or not it even lasts that long!
Should homemade granola be refrigerated?
A good question you might ask is whether or not your crunchy granola should be placed in the fridge or the pantry for best storage solutions. While your granola is perfectly safe inside an airtight container in your pantry, you can choose to freeze it for even longer storage solutions.
How to enjoy your crunchy granola
Just in case you need some extra ideas on how to enjoy your crunchy granola here are a few friendly suggestions.
- In a bowl with milk
- With yogurt
- In a parfait
- Over the top of an ice cream sundae
- With sliced apples and peanut butter
- In homemade trail mix
- Exactly as is- because it’s delicious!
Looking for more great breakfast recipes???
- Easy Homemade Bread Recipe
- Homemade Biscuit Recipe
- Blackberry Syrup Recipe
- How to Make Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
- How to Make Over Easy Eggs
- Homemade Butter Syrup Recipe
- Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- Blueberry Syrup Recipe
- Sheet Pan Eggs
- Breakfast Hash Recipe
- Breakfast Egg Cups
- Sticky Buns Recipe
- Homemade Pancake Mix Recipe
- Instant Pot Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal
Easy Granola Recipe
- 3 cups oats
- 2/3 cup pecans chopped
- 2/3 cup almonds chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine oats, nuts, coconut, and salt and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, honey and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Off heat, add the extracts.
- Pour over oat mixture and mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer to a lined cookie tray and bake for 40 minutes, lightly stirring and flipping every 10-15 minutes.
- Add cranberries after it comes out of the oven while it’s still hot. Let cool and break into desired sizes.