The best brownie mix from scratch! Chewy on the inside with a crispy crust on the outside, these brownies really are perfect. Try this homemade mix today!
Making your own brownies from scratch really isn’t that hard to do. While it’s easy to grab a box from the store, having your own homemade brownie mix on hand can keep more money in your pockets and save you from a trip to the store when those chocolate cravings hit.
This is hands down the best brownie mix ever. It gives you the perfect brownies! You know the ones that I’m talking about, those crispy crust edges on the outside and gooey centers that pack a chocolate punch.
I’ve been making this recipe for a while now and I honestly can’t say enough good things about it.
When it comes to brownies, I’m pretty picky. I don’t want that cake-like texture.I want them chewy, soft, gooey, dense and filled with chocolate flavor. This homemade brownie mix really delivers on all counts.
To add to the great things I have to say about the best brownie mix in the world (this one)- this one dry mix can make 5-6 batches of 8×8 pan-sized brownies.
This is great because you can whip it up once, divide it, and set them aside for those brownie cravings or you can have enough brownie mix to feed a small army (or party) when the occasions arrive.
How to make homemade brownie mix
- Pour your sugar into a large bowl.
- Sift in the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk until the ingredients are well combined.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container.
- When you want to make brownies, simply combine the mixture with the requested eggs, oil, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8×8 baking dish and then bake for about 20-25minutes in a 350F degree oven.
Can I only make these brownies in an 8×8?
Nope! Feel free to experiment with different sized pans as desired. To fill a 9×13 baking dish, doubling the recipe and extending the baking time works great.
You can even make a smaller portion and have it baked in one of those mini cast iron skillets. Top it off with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream and some chocolate syrup and you have yourself a real treat!
Should I use canola oil, coconut oil or butter?
You can mix and match the oil/fat in the recipe depending on what you have on hand. Do note that the different options will create slightly different results as the fat content varies in each.
That means if you use butter one time and oil a different time you may notice a difference in texture and overall chewiness.
How long is homemade brownie mix good for?
If you keep it properly stored in a safe airtight container, you can expect this mix to last months at a time, assuming you don’t bake it up first.
You can even freeze the mixture for a longer storage solution if desired. Some folks depending on where they live choose to freeze bags of flour to avoid spoiling and bugs, this is a similar option/approach that you can take to safeguard the brownie mix from pests.
The Best Brownie Mix from Scratch
For the Brownie Mix
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
For the Brownies
- 1 3/4 cups brownie mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
For the Brownie Mix
- Pour sugar in a large bowl.
- Sift remaining ingredients into the sugar.
- Whisk until combined.
- Store in an airtight container
To Make the Brownies
- Combine all ingredients.
- Mix very well, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased 8×8 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Canned Green Bean Recipes
- Perfect Beef Tenderloin
- How to Cook Ham Steak
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Homemade Syrup
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Frozen Peas
- How to Make Gravy from Scratch
- How to Trim Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Turkey
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib
- Smoked Beef Ribs
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Lemon Cream Sauce for Pasta
- Prime Rib Recipe
- What is Brine?