This unseasonably warm weather is starting to make me semi-panic. I am going to have to start working on my pasture and garden much sooner than I anticipated! Here’s what I want to accomplish this year:
1. Successful pasture irrigation. I have an awesome, inexpensive plan for this, stay tuned for details!
2. Eliminate the sage brush. Enough said there.
3. Spot treat the weeds that didn’t get knocked out with my treatment last spring.
4. Seed perennial rye grass and red clover into the pasture.
5. Divide the pasture.
6. Plant my garden before June this year. Yes, I planted seeds in June last year. I know, silly. But I had them and I thought if nothing else, the mini corn stalks would make great decorations. And they did!
7. Get some chickens and rotate graze around my entire property. Also eat the tasty eggs. If anyone has some grown chickens they want to sell me, I’ll take ’em!
8. Get a couple of weaned…or not…calves.
We will see how this all goes. Typically, I only end up accomplishing about half of what I set out to do. Ha!